Dear PowerArchiver Users,
Here is our latest update to PowerArchiver 2018 – version 18.00.58.
For this month’s update, we have made it easier to use tabs with keyboard shortcuts, as well as fixed several reported issues.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for tab handling – Added/improved keyboard functions for file/tab handling inside PowerArchiver’s main interface. (see below for improved keyboard functions)
- Improved Backup tool – several fixes and improvements for the Backup tool.
- Improved Deflate64 codec option handling – improved usability of deflate64 option in zip format.
- Portable version fixes – Fixes in PowerArchiver Portable when extracting encrypted files using PowerArchiver Portable and Extract Tools.
- Updated translations – Updated Hebrew and Dutch translations.
- Other Improvements and Fixes – Various smaller fixes/improvements and translation updates. More than 16 issues have been closed. For the full list go to our forums.
New keyboard shortcuts for convenient tabs use
Ctrl+W -> Close tab
Ctrl+T -> Create tab
Ctrl+Tab -> Focus on next tab
Ctrl+Shift+Tab -> Focus on previous tab
Ctrl+1 -> Focus on 1st tab
Ctrl+9 -> Focus on last tab
Ctrl+2~8 -> Focus on 2~8th tab
PowerArchiver 2018 is the most advanced release of PowerArchiver ever. We made PowerArchiver up to 3x faster, a difference that you will notice immediately. PowerArchiver now uses less memory and still looks great. PowerArchiver 2018 supports tabs which allow multiple archives to be opened within the same PowerArchiver window. We have also implemented a built-in PDF engine for easy and fast previewing of all kinds of PDF files. In addition to all of those changes, we have implemented a much stronger ZIP Deflate engine that will create the smallest possible, yet compatible ZIP files with full multi-core support (as many threads as your CPU supports – 16? 24? It works!). The Advanced Codec Pack – .pa format has been fine tuned for the best compression and speed on the market! For a list of additional changes in the new PowerArchiver 2018, please check out PowerArchiver 2018 Introduction.
We have also implemented a new skinning section on our website, with support for PA 2018 Skins. Check it out now.
PowerArchiver 2018, with the Advanced Codec Pack (.PA), is now available from our download page as well as Patchbeam for PowerArchiver 2018 users. Thank you for your support since 1998!