Dear PowerArchiver Users,
Here is our latest update to PowerArchiver 2018 – version 18.00.56.
For this update, we focused on improving the Modern UI (Ribbon) and have listened to your feedback on various reported issues and suggestions.
- Improvements to the Modern UI – Added cloud features to the Modern UI. Reworked shortcuts specifically for the Modern UI. Added more encryption features. Added a dropdown menu to the Extract button with commonly used folders (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Pictures)
- Improved Classic Skins – Added Office Icons as default icon set for lighter skins. Improved import of older skin sets, removed file icon skins from main skinning menu.
- Improved Password Manager – Added support for saving passwords via Password Manager during encryption as well as decryption.
- Various file list improvements – Improvements for file list when in high dpi mode. Various improvements which will now display consistently and better when using different file list views.
- Improved tabs – Several improvements for multiple tabs feature.
- Other Improvements and Fixes – Various smaller fixes/improvements, translation updates, more than 30 issues closed. For the full list go to our forums.
PowerArchiver 2018 is the most advanced release of PowerArchiver ever. We made PowerArchiver up to 3x faster, a difference that you will notice immediately. PowerArchiver now uses less memory and still looks great. PowerArchiver 2018 supports tabs which allow multiple archives to be opened within the same PowerArchiver window. We have also implemented a built-in PDF engine for easy and fast previewing of all kinds of PDF files. In addition to all of those changes, we have implemented a much stronger ZIP Deflate engine that will create the smallest possible, yet compatible ZIP files with full multi-core support (as many threads as your CPU supports – 16? 24? It works!). The Advanced Codec Pack – .pa format has been fine tuned for the best compression and speed on the market! For a list of additional changes in the new PowerArchiver 2018, please check out PowerArchiver 2018 Introduction.
We have also implemented a new skinning section on our website, with support for PA 2018 Skins. Check it out now.
PowerArchiver 2018, with the Advanced Codec Pack (.PA), is now available from our download page as well as Patchbeam for PowerArchiver 2018 users. Thank you for your support since 1998!