Dear PowerArchiver Users,
We are pleased to announce immediate availability of PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.31 – our Beta 2 release of PowerArchiver 2018. We hope you had great holidays, that you have rested well and are ready to dive into latest build of PowerArchiver 2018.
The version has moved from 18.00.23 to 18.00.31 and brings various enhancements and fixes.
- Implemented improved comments support – ZIP comments are now improved in the 2018 version with a nice new comment window.
- Support for editing archives inside archives – You can now edit and save changes in archives inside archives. So open up an ZIP file within a ZIP file inside and it will open up in a new tab, and you will be able to edit and save changes to files inside easier than before (works on all supported formats).
- Better archive updating support – Updating multiple archives in multiple tabs now works better.
- Updated Lepton/jpeg engine – Lepton team solved some issues with certain non-standard jpeg images, implemented latest version in PA format (thanks!).
- Smarter handling of encrypted archives – Improved/Smarter adding/updating/working with files inside encrypted archives when advanced features such as password manager, password profiles are used as well as easier updating of encrypted archives in general.
- Solved several AV’s related to the interface – Solved all reported AV’s and exceptions related to the interface.
- Better support for Windows XP shell – Solved several issues with compressing/extracting from PA and 7z files in Windows XP via Windows Explorer (Shell). Overall rewrote shell support for all systems for better stability.
- Other Improvements and Fixes – Various other fixes, overall 57 issues closed. For the full list go to our forums.
PowerArchiver 2018 is the most advanced release of PowerArchiver ever. We made PowerArchiver up to 3x faster, difference that you will notice immediately. It also uses less memory and still looks great. We also implemented a built in PDF engine for easy and fast previewing of all kinds of PDF files. In addition to all those changes, we have implemented a much stronger ZIP Deflate engine that will create smallest possible, yet compatible ZIP files with full multi-core support (as many threads as your CPU supports – 16? 24? It works!) . For full list of changes in the new PowerArchiver 2018, please check out PowerArchiver 2018 Introduction.
We have also implemented a new skinning section on our website, with support for PA 2018 Skins. Check it out now.
PowerArchiver 2018 BETA 2, with the Advanced Codec Pack (.PA), is now available from our download page as well as Patchbeam for PowerArchiver 2018 users. Thank you for your support since 1998!