Dear PowerArchiver Users,
We are pleased to announce immediate availability of PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.53 – our second minor update to PowerArchiver 2018.
Based on your feedback, we have made several improvements and fixes.
- Ability to save SFX options – We have made it possible to save SFX Wizard and Make SFX options, so you can always use same options when creating your SFX archives (includes all of the options).
- Improved Advanced Codec Pack – Improved wav compression at extreme/ultra setting, while minimizing memory use.
- Improved Virtual Drive – Improved Virtual Drive behavior through right click shell extensions.
- Fix for file-list filters – Fixed issue where file-list filters did not work properly (Add Window, Backup) .
- Improved Favorites window – Favorites window will now remember column sizes.
- Added support for .scs files – added support for handling .scs files via shell extensions.
- Improved support for profiles in Converter and Batch tools – Improved support for profiles in Converter and Batch tools.
- Many smaller interface improvements – support for ctrl+l in modern interface, adjustments for some icons, new nag screen,.
- Built-in help files for MSI installations – Enterprise installations now have the help files built-in, no extra work required anymore.
- Other Improvements and Fixes – Various smaller fixes/improvements, translation updates, more than 50 issues closed. For the full list go to our forums.
PowerArchiver 2018 is the most advanced release of PowerArchiver ever. We made PowerArchiver up to 3x faster, a difference that you will notice immediately. PowerArchiver now uses less memory and still looks great. PowerArchiver 2018 supports tabs which allow multiple archives to be opened within the same PowerArchiver window. We have also implemented a built-in PDF engine for easy and fast previewing of all kinds of PDF files. In addition to all of those changes, we have implemented a much stronger ZIP Deflate engine that will create the smallest possible, yet compatible ZIP files with full multi-core support (as many threads as your CPU supports – 16? 24? It works!). The Advanced Codec Pack – .pa format has been fine tuned for the best compression and speed on the market! For a list of additional changes in the new PowerArchiver 2018, please check out PowerArchiver 2018 Introduction.
We have also implemented a new skinning section on our website, with support for PA 2018 Skins. Check it out now.
PowerArchiver 2018, with the Advanced Codec Pack (.PA), is now available from our download page as well as Patchbeam for PowerArchiver 2018 users. Thank you for your support since 1998!