In PowerArchiver 2016 we wanted to make our classic toolbar interface more modern, to bring it out from Windows 95 roots into the modern world. At the same time we still wanted to keep it working in classic way that people can easily understand and use right away even if they never used PowerArchiver before. So what did we do to Classic toolbar interface that you all love to use? Read on!
- New skins for Classic – Now skins are applicable to classic interface as well! Previously they only worked with Modern interface, leaving classic in the dust. Beautiful dark skin is available with fully skinned every part of application. Additionally any Modern skin can be changed to Classic toolbar under View> Toolbar options, thus giving you a lot of options for how the PowerArchiver should look like.
- Fast mode – We added Classic simple skin that uses no skins at all to make it as fast as possible for old computers that start PA 2016 slow. This will speed it up! You can set this under View> Select Skin> Classic Simple.
- New icons and old icons as options – We added new icons that look great! But also kept old school icons for everyone who doesn’t like Windows 10 look icons. You can change this in View> Skin Options.
- Added icons to menus – small icons are added to the menus.
- Touch Mode – Classic interface has a touch mode! If you are using one of those small tablets or one of those laptops with high resolutions, you know how hard it is sometimes to hit correct option in Windows desktop apps. Now we made it much simpler with addition of Touch mode which expands area around options so they are easy to touch. You can set this in View> Touch mode.
- Automatic scaling support for large dpi Windows (2K/4K displays) – We have added automatic scaling support depending on your display. It adjusts with your dpi setting in Windows, makes everything look perfect. All icons are natively drawn for their size!
- Adjustable icon sizes – You can manually set icon sizes in all windows/menus/toolbars. Choose from small, normal and large sizes (32px/48px/64px)! You can select this in View> Toolbar options> Icon size.
- Adjustable Aero support – in Windows 10, you might want Aero look but maybe in Windows 7 or XP you want fully drawn window without old school borders? You can pick that in View> Toolbar Options!.
PowerArchiver 2016 is available from December 15th 2015, and is already available to valid PowerArchiver Select subscribers.