We are excited to show you all the changes we did for PowerArchiver 2016.
Software development for established tool such as PowerArchiver takes a long time, and major change we did for version 2016 was transfer to a new development IDE. We first started working on that more than 2.5 years ago, since it involved changing many most basic parts of PowerArchiver, as well as all of the components we use. Side apps such as Backup, Burner and others were switched last year and served as a test bed for the main PA change. This year after 9 months of intensive development we upgraded main PowerArchiver as well.
We are happy to show you the results – some of which will be immediately seen in the new interface which is fully skinable now and has many cool additions such as 4K resolution support, touch screen support and many, many customization options. Other advantages will be revealed later on (easier updates, easier translations, etc). There were many other changes as well, so read on for the „full“ list.
Here is the list of major changes in PowerArchiver 2016:
- New Interface – New classic and ribbon/modern interface designs. Everything is easy to use and where it always was, just with much nicer overall design. 9 prebuilt skins are available and each can be configured with various different options. Full application is properly skinned – every window! Classic interface is default and completely skinned as well as Ribbon interface.
- New icons and logo – New icon design and new logo throughout the interface with modern look. Icons are now used in File menu interface as well, for modern look. However, if you still prefer the old look, you can change back to old icons by going to View> Skin Options> Icon sets.
- For everyone! – Full support for both classic and modern (ribbon) toolbar. Skinning support can be completely turned off via Classic skin with no skins, to speed up interface on very slow computers.
- Superior Windows 10 support! – Finely tuned Windows 10 support. We did not forget Windows XP either!
- Completely customizable – Everything can be changed! There are many, many options that can be customized – for instance, you can turn on/off aero, change interface icons, every window is re-sizable, icon size is manually adjustable. There are 9 different skins, including dark and light variants.
- 2K/4K display support – Automatic support for 2K/4K displays – future proof! Large DPI support from 110% to 200%. Icon size is automatically adjusted with natively drawn large icons for superior look (over 1000 icons built for this purpose).
- Touch screen support – Support for touch screens with special touch screen mode. If you use tablets that make it hard to click various parts of interface, Touch mode will automatically enlarge option choices so it is easier to hit wanted options. Works and looks great! Future proof!
- Faster startup– faster startup speeds, especially on older systems.
- Backup, Encryption Suite, Burner and Virtual Drive are full apps– Backup, Encryption Suite, Burner and Virtual Drive are now full applications that can be started independently from PowerArchiver and have their own full interface. Shortcuts to these apps are added via installer.
- Office and Adobe encryption and signing– Added various Office and Adobe encryption and signing/verifying features in Encryption Suite (full interface).
- Audio Burner and Ripper added– Many have asked us for audio burning and ripping features so they don’t have to download separate audio burner – implemented in 2016. Audio burner will even automatically take audio from MP4 video file.
- Support for ZPAQ format– support for strong ZPAQ format added. Both compression and extraction are supported. Depending on user feedback, further development is possible.
- Support for WIM format– Added „compression“ support for WIM format, in addition to previous extraction support.
- Improved support for all formats– Improved support for all formats, as well as bug fixes. Over 50 various formats now supported.
- Updated Burner Engine– Updated Burner engine for support of latest Blu-Ray standards.
- Improved Compression Tools– All compression tool windows have been improved – Multi Extract, Archive converter, Batch ZIP and others are now all updated, modern looking with larger window default size and resizable. Improvements to performance as well as bug fixes.
- Main PowerArchiver– Every part of main PowerArchiver window has been upgraded.
- Backup– Many smaller changes and bug fixes.
- Explorer view enhancements– Much better support for Windows Libraries (documents, downloads, pictures, etc) in File Manager mode (Explorer view).
- Better support for various different languages– Better support for various languages (displaying non native character sets). More translations to come in next month.
- Many other improvements and bug fixes– Many other improvements and bug fixes. Several hundred closed tasks.
PowerArchiver 2016 will be officially released on December 15th 2015. However, as promised in our PowerArchiver Select plan, users that have valid Select will be able to access BETA from their account (click on Free Upgrade next to PA 2016 to get email with download link) – starting NOW! If you do not have Select already, you can get it via our Black Friday/Holidays campaign running through your account / via newsletters or simply by clicking here (limited time offer). Thank you for your continuous support since 1999, and making PowerArchiver better with your comments, requests and wishes!