Dear PowerArchiver Users,
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of PowerArchiver Command Line (PACL) 9.0 Beta 4. The latest version brings updated compression engines for all formats, including ZIP and PA, inline with PowerArchiver 2018 updates. In PACL 9.0 Beta 4, we have fixed a few bugs and have added new features such as filename timestamps. See the list of updates below and thank You for your feedback!
- Add custom timestamps – Added option to show a customizable timestamp in the filename when creating new file via pacomp (date, hour, minutes, seconds).
- Speed up file list parsing – Compression of file list parsing has been sped up to be on the same level as PowerArchiver. Significantly faster than before when you are trying to compress a large number of files (e.g. over 90,000).
- updated paconv.bat – Updated convert script that works better in various situations. Thanks Michael for sending it in!
- Improved handling of .\ – Improved handling of .\ and ..\ so PACL works better with PowerShell.
- Support for excluding folders – Added support for excluding folders in pacomp via x@filelist.
- Improved error handling – Better error handling in certain situations.
- Improved file mask handling – Improved support for filemasks.
- Improved -o option – Improved overwrite option.
- Various smaller changes and improvements – Various smaller changes and improvements.
PowerArchiver Command Line (PACL) 9.0 Beta 4, with the Advanced Codec Pack (.PA), is now available from our download page. It is a free update for PACL, PowerArchiver Pro and PowerArchiver Toolbox users with valid maintenance. Thank you for your support since 1998!