Full version of PowerArchiver that includes all of the compression and encryption features along with a set of useful tools for your archives. PowerArchiver 2022 Standard includes the new advanced PA format and features the Explorer mode for easier management of your files.
Create and extract ZIP, ZIPX, PA, 7z, TAR/GZ/BZ2, CAB, ISO, open 60+ formats. Full Windows 7/8 and 10 support with UAC elevation and VSS! FIPS 140-2. Multicore compression and fastest RAR extraction. Fastest ZIP/ZIPX engine. Most advanced .PA format!
More Info about PowerArchiver Standard
Advanced Codec Pack (.PA) – most advanced compression format
PowerArchiver includes exclusive the Advanced Codec Pack (.PA), which is the most comprehensive compression format available today. It includes many different filters and codecs that work transparently to create the best possible compression/speed ratio for your files. Smart Optimized modes select the best compression/speed ratios on per-file basis, increasing compression rate and speed. In one compression scenario, PowerArchiver will use multiple codecs for different files/extensions! This provides much better compression rate/speed since we can target codecs better.
- Two base modes: Optimized Fast and Optimized Strong deliver the fastest/strongest compression in the industry.
- Smart Optimized modes select the best compression/speed ratios on per-file basis,
increasing compression rate and speed. In one compression scenario, PowerArchiver can use multiple codecs for different files/extensions! This provides much better compression/speed since we can target codecs better.
- Optimized Fast – fast compression modes with 50MBs-400MBs compression speeds, depending on files and strength chosen. Data deduplication features and compression stronger than zip format.
- Optimized Strong – Strong compression features at reasonable speeds even at Extreme level. Optimized for processors with 4 or more threads. Supports multicore extraction and data deduplication. Special coders for stronger levels delivering better compression than comparable options in competing software and formats.
- PDF, DOCX and PNG compression – compress your PDF and DOCX (Office) files between 30%
and 70% better than WinRAR, WinZip and 7zip. Also used for PNG, APK, ZIP and other files with deflate streams.
- FIPS 140-2 256-bit AES encryption – Advanced Codec Pack (.PA) is very secure. Not only do we use FIPS 140-2 validated encryption components, we also apply a special transformation filter that ensures that the data being encrypted does not have any LZ compression markers that could make brute-force attacks easier. We consider it considerably more secure than encryption methods available in ZIP and RAR formats.
- JPEG codec – uses Lepton compression for jpeg files, strong compression up to 23%.
- MP3 codec – Strongest and fastest MP3 compression codec on the market with full multi-core support. Better compression and up to 3x faster speeds than WinZIP MP3 compression.
- Special Deduplication filter – fast filter that finds similar data at 50MB/s speeds (single thread). Works great for files with similar data, for instance when backing up your office files, this filter should increase compression ratios significantly. Compressing Software ISO’s with deduplication filter can lower the size by
extra 500MB compared to WR, WZ, 7-zip (ex. Office 2016 ISO as 2.25GB in size), with
- Special codec for compressing txt/html/xhtml files. Better compression at faster speeds, multi-core optimized.
- Special exe/dll filters – collection of special filters that improves
compression up to 10-15% for exe/dll files. Super fast!
- Multi-core extraction – Most codecs have multi-thread support based on our mtwrap which automatically gives you multi-threaded extraction. This means that extraction is also fast despite use of advanced and strong compression.
- Custom compression profiles – Extensive support for custom compression profiles that let you configure 20+ codec options thus making sure you can setup special case scenarios that work the best for your own data.
- Actively developed in-house, with frequent updates and new future codecs,
optimizations and more. Currently over 10 filters/codecs are transparently used at the same time depending on file and options selected..
Full Windows XP/7/8/10 Support, UAC and VSS
- Full Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 support with jump lists, taskbar progress and taskbar icon overlays. First archiver to do so.You do not need to worry about compatibility problems with PowerArchiver if you are using or considering upgrading to Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 – we have done extensive testing to ensure everything works perfectly. PowerArchiver also runs great on all other Windows versions, from Windows 2000 to Windows Windows 10 and Server 2016, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- UAC elevation support – PowerArchiver supports UAC (user access control) elevation to administrator when it detects the need for admin account in order to read or write in some folder. This works in Windows Explorer shell extensions as well so you can click on file anywhere on your disk, and compression/extraction will work.
- VSS support – Do you need to compress databases, Outlook .pst files, or any other files that are exclusively used by some application? No problem for PowerArchiver – we have exclusive support for VSS (volume shadow support), which is usually used only by enterprise backups to access data that is not accessible to other programs.
Most Advanced ZIP/ZIPX Engine
ZIP Support PowerArchiver offers superior ZIP and ZIPX format support compared to other archivers. Here are the highlights:
- Multicore deflate zip engine, almost 4x faster than single core systems on quad core computers.
- Improved speed of zip compression and extraction on any occasion.
- Full support for advanced ZIPX format – LZMA, LZMA2, JPEG, PPMd, BZIP2 and WAVPACK in ZIP/ZIPX, according to latest ZIP standards. PowerArchiver is the only application that fully supports Winzip 15 and earlier files, while providing faster (up to 3x) and stronger compression compared to WinZip 15.
- Full support for more basic ZIP format that is compatible with all archivers out there, as well as the built-in Windows XP/Vista/7/10 zip reader.
- JPEG support – Unique and rare support for extraction of ZIPX JPEG compression created by WinZIP.
- Unlimited size of the archive, unlimited size of files inside archive and unlimited number of files inside archive.
- Multicore LZMA engine for ZIP/ZIPX.
- Support for Unicode in ZIP, both read and write. Implemented throughout application.
- ZIP/ZIPX AES support (both PkZip 5.1 and WZ 9.0 standards supported) – Supports AES 128, AES 192 and AES 256.FIPS 140-2 Validated and thus approved for use in Government offices.
- SecureZip compatibility – only archiver fully compatible with SecureZip, including reading 3DES encrypted archives and ZIP/ZIPX archives encrypted with digital certificates.
- Multiple disk spanning, with support for unlimited span sizes
7-Zip is an advanced compression format featured in PowerArchiver. It is an open source format, providing an open architecture and high compression ratio. 7-Zip outperforms ZIP, ACE and even RAR in many tests. However, 7-Zip’s greatest strength is that it is not controlled by any organization or individual, but by an open source LGPL project to which anyone can contribute. More information on 7-Zip and its superior compression can be found at 7-Zip.org.
PowerArchiver also features a Transparent Update feature for 7-Zip archives, which allows you to quickly add or remove files even if the archive is “Solid”. PowerArchiver supports all 7zip methods, including LZMA2. Another unique feature to PowerArchiver is Optimized compression method where PowerArchiver picks different compression method based on your strength setting as well as file type for maximum speed/compression ratio.
Superior RAR support – including 5.x format
Our engineers have spent months of development time to custom tune extraction of RAR archives. End result is that we now have the fastest RAR extraction engine on the market. Full support for RAR 5.x Format. If you have WinRAR installed (and licensed), PowerArchiver will use it to create RAR archives (both 4.x and 5.x). You can customize RAR options in the Configuration section, adding your own switches for compression options in RAR.
Multiple Format Support – Including ISO (over 60 formats!)
PowerArchiver has native support for most the popular compressed and encoded formats currently in use. All formats are fully integrated into PowerArchiver, so you can utilize all PowerArchiver tools with each of them.
- Read and write support for ZIP, ZIPX, 7-ZIP, CAB, LHA/LZH, TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, ISO (ISO9660 and UDF – PRO only), PGP, PAE, PAE2, WIM, ZPAQ, BH, XXE, UUE, yENC, MIME (Base 64) as well as RAR if you have WinRAR installed
- Read and extract support for: RAR, ISO, ARJ, ACE, MSI, NSIS, CHM plus ARC, WST, WAL, EAR, WAR, QWK, PK3, REP, 001,, BIN, IMG, NRG, NCO, XPI, CBR, CBZ, XZ, DEB, IPK, DMG, XAR, HFS, NTFS, FAT, VHD, MBR, CB7, DMG, RPM, CPIO, VHD, XAR, LZMA, SquashFS, CramFS, ZOO.
Unmatched Security and FIPS 140-2 validation
PowerArchiver comes with an unprecedented level of security features. Not only does it fully support the new ZIP AES standard, PowerArchiver also offers its proprietary PAE and PAE2 standards for additional security with five different encryption methods. For ease of use, the PowerArchiver Password Manager will save your frequently used passwords so you do not need to type them each time you use them.
- Full support for ZIP AES encryption, 128-bit/192-bit/256-bit (supports: PKZip 5.1 (full), Secure Zip 8.0 and WinZip 9.0 AE-1 & AE-2). Unique support for both PkZIP and WinZIP AES options.
- PAE/PAE2 support – Encryption of files and archives using 5 different methods: Blowfish (128-bit), DES (64-bit), Triple DES (128-bit), AES 128-bit, and AES 256-bit
- 7-zip SFX with AES 256 bit encryption – create self-executable archives (.exe) with strong AES 256 bit encryption.
FIPS 140-2 Validation – PowerArchiver ZIP/ZIPX AES encryption is not only standard based and compatible with all solutions, it is also FIPS 140-2 validated and it can be used in government agencies required to safeguard sensitive user data with FIPS 140-2 validated solution. PowerArchiver is used by many U.S. Government agencies, offices and institutions to satisfy all requirements for sensitive data transport and rest.
Dual Explorer mode
PowerArchiver features a new dual explorer mode – aka Windows Explorer replacement. It features two panels that show the contents of your computer drives. You can add treeviews to the left side and Preview window to the right.
You can even show contents of archives in the preview window, and use mini toolbar to extract those archives. Preview window will also show numerous different formats such as images, text files, PDF and more.
Full 64-bit version
PowerArchiver has a full 64-bit version that is installed automatically when you install PowerArchiver. It is highly recommended that you use the 64-bit version in order to maximize the potential of the Advanced Codec Pack –
.PA format. 64-bit version will also be faster for compression and extraction of every other format .
You can download and “install” the fully portable version of PowerArchiver to your drive. It is fully featured and very convenient to use on removable drives. It will not leave any trace on the computer and yet it also supports advanced features such as shell extensions .
Native Large DPI support for up to 4K screens
PowerArchiver has native support for large dpi features in Windows. Automatic support and future proof! Large DPI support from 110% to 250%. Icon size is automatically adjusted with natively drawn large icons for superior look. We have 3 preset icon sizes that can be either set to automatically resize based on your resolution and dpi setting or manually set. Text size is natively drawn and looks perfect in 4K resolution displays.
Touch screen support
Support for touch screens with special touch screen mode for use with tablets that make it hard to click various parts of interface, Touch mode will automatically enlarge option choices so it is easier to hit wanted options. Works and looks great! It can be manually turned on/off as well. Future proof!
PowerArchiver has a beautiful interface with many different skins included that are supported throughout all of PowerArchiver features.Skin options include beautiful light, dark, gray and various Office-like options including Office 2016. Interface is very customizable – you can pick between modern or classic icon design, turn aero on/off, even pick icon size that suits you the best!
With PowerArchiver, you can now easily preview archives, images, text and many other file types directly in PowerArchiver without having to open the archive or file. The Preview feature works both while browsing hard drives and inside archives, with full support for WLX plug-ins. You can preview images and documents in archives without having to extract them to your hard drive!
Queue System (Add/Extract/Backup) and PowerArchiver Starter
PowerArchiver features an innovative Queue System. This is the first time such an option is available in a compression utility, and it enables you to better organize your compression, extraction and backups, as well as schedule multiple jobs to be done sequentially without slowing down your system – as multiple compression jobs would do if run all at once. Another first for PowerArchiver.
PowerArchiver Starter is a brand new system tray application for managing your Queue and launching the most recently used archives and backups. PowerArchiver Starter has been written in an assembler-like language for minimum size and memory usage.
Guaranteed Compatibility and Explorer Integration
PowerArchiver has pioneered advanced Shell Extensions that let you compress, extract and encrypt files using one click from within Windows Explorer — without opening PowerArchiver. Since PowerArchiver 2010, we have improved shell extensions even more and added compress/extract MRU and FTP profiles so you can FTP directly from shell extensions!
Not only that, but PowerArchiver also offers an option to use an Explorer-like interface for browsing your hard drive for archives, which also supports shell integration.
PowerArchiver features Hybrid Shell Extensions, which puts less frequently used options in an easy to access submenu.
For ease of use, PowerArchiver has Compression Profiles that store frequently used compression settings. You can select a compression profile when performing operations in PowerArchiver and save considerable time. You can also edit default Windows Explorer shell extensions (e.g. compress to file.zip) and customize them to your liking.
Patchbeam – 2 second update system
PowerArchiver includes Patchbeam update system that allows for super-fast updates performed in background, taking only 2-3 seconds on average. Where before you had to download up to 38 MB for new update, and go through standard installation process with up to 9 clicks of the mouse, now you can enable background updates and Patchbeam will download update patch as small as 100kb and update your PowerArchiver in several seconds!
PowerArchiver has the most advanced set of tools that you can use to manage your archives:
- Convert Tool – convert files among formats supported in PowerArchiver. It can convert thousands of files and folders at the same time.
- Encode Tool – encode/decode files in UU, XX, MIME and yENC formats.
- Repair Tool – repair broken ZIP archives with one simple operation.
- Write/Merge Multivolume Tools – split ZIP files into multivolumes, and also merge multivolumes into a single ZIP archive.
- Batch ZIP Tool – batch compress thousands of files into separate archives.
- Multi-Extract Tool – extract thousands of archives at the same time.
- SFX Tool – Create SFX files from ZIP, 7-Zip, CAB and PAE archives via the “Make SFX” feature or with the easy-to-use SFX Wizard.
Over 60 formats supported
Support for over 60 various compression formats! ZIP, ZIPX, RAR, PA, ISO, TAR and more.
Best ZIP support
Best ZIP/ZIPX support – Multi-core compression, Unlimited size, full ZIPX, 256 bit AES Encryption and more.
Full Explorer replacement mode with dual panels and great archive support.
Customizable with skins
10 skins built in, more on our website. Full skinning support for GUI, icons and format icons.
Windows 64-bit support
Native Windows 64-bit support, including our portable edition.
Portable USB edition
Completely independent from your computer, with support for shell extensions.
Native support for 4k screens
Support for large resolution 4K screens and large DPI modes.
Unique Queue mode
Easily Queue your compression tasks and they will be performed sequentially .
Customizable compression profiles.
Password Manager, Password profiles
Easily manage your passwords with Password Manager and Password Profiles.
Full 7z format support
Superb support for 7-Zip compression with unique Optimized mode.
Multicore super-fast compression
Utilize the full power of your CPU with full multi-core support in ZIP, PA, 7z formats
Complete RAR support
Full support for RAR format, including compression if WinRAR is installed.
Advanced Codec Pack – (.PA)
Support for the PA format – the most advanced compression format with strongest compression rates.
Full Modern/Ribbon interface, Microsoft Office licensed! (optional)
10 different tools
Convert Archives, Batch Compression, Join Archives, Multi-Extract, and much more!
Windows Explorer shell extensions
Full support for Windows Explorer shell extensions.
Support for Windows XP/7/8/10
Support for all Windows customer and server releases from XP until latest 10
Advanced Windows 10 support
Windows 10 notifications, Jumplists, and more!
Built in Preview window.
Preview different images, text, multimedia without having to extract, which includes an independent and advanced PDF Previewer.
PowerArchiver will elevate admin via UAC on demand.
PowerArchiver will use Volume Shadow Service (VSS) to compress files in use (.pst).
Built in PDF Viewer
Fully independent and advanced PDF viewer, quickly view and print from both your hard disk and archives.
Super fast startup
PowerArchiver can start in under 1s on fast computers.
Low RAM usage
Despite many features and skinned interface, PowerArchiver uses as little as 18 MB of RAM when active.
Open archives in multiple tabs, easily copy and paste between archives in one interface.
NEW! ZSTD compression(ZIPX) – real-time compression algorithm, providing a very wide range of high compression ratio / speed trade-off, while being backed by a very fast decoder.
NEW! Improved FIPS 140.2 management – FIPS 140.2 icon now shows in the add window and status bar, always know when FIPS encryption is used. Reconfigured FIPS 140.2 settings in the configuration menu for more convenient management.
NEW! New Tabbed Internal Editor/Viewer features – One of the improvements that PowerArchiver 2022 will bring focuses on file viewing and editing within PowerArchiver without extraction. You will now be able to edit and save text files while inside archives, no need to extract, and have syntax highlight for over 40 languages. The new text editor will appear in a tab when opening a text file either in your archive or when browsing the hard drive and will allow for text file editing and saving inside the archive without the need to extract.
NEW! New PowerArchiver Cloud features –PowerArchiver Cloud sees large improvements and added functionality with much faster speed, and full support for Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, Yandex Disk, Box and HiDrive.
NEW! PowerArchiver Cloud – We have improved our caching system for cloud, so when you have >100,000 of files there, you will be able to browse them much, much faster.
NEW! Download/upload speed improved – Significantly improved download/upload speeds when using cloud.
NEW! Improved support for Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive (v3 API), Box – Cloud support for Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Box, has been updated and improved.
NEW! New support for Hidrive, Yandex Disk – PowerArchiver Cloud will support Hidrive and Yandex Disk in PowerArchiver 2022.
NEW! Support for Downloading/Uploading folders – PowerArchiver can download/upload full folders now.
NEW! Drag and Drop support – Drag and Drop your files/folders from the cloud directly into opened archives or hard drive.
NEW! Many other improvements – Actions>Tools menu has received some various additional features. In PowerArchiver 2022, you will be able to add and remove encryption from existing archives, easily. Additionally, an Optimization tool will be available to optimize your archive for better compression, without having to manually re-compress it.
Acrylic background support for Modern Windows 10 skin – caption, status bar and app bar on the side now support customizable acrylic option, that makes PA 2021 look great!
NEW! Add encryption to existing ZIP/7z/PA archives – This option will Encrypt Zip/7z/PA archives directly, without creating a new archive.
NEW! Remove Archive Encryption for ZIP/7z/PA archives – This option will remove encryption from Zip/7z/PA archives directly.
NEW! Optimize ZIP/7z/PA archives – PowerArchiver 2022 will optimize your archive for better compression. The same archive will be optimized without an additional archive created.
NEW! Optimized shell extensions – Shell extensions have been moved into separate dll’s, to improve stability.
NEW! Redesigned tile in PowerArchiver applications with Acrylic support – redesigned tile to look better in Backup, Burner, Encryption Suite and Virtual Drive. It is fully configurable in the Configuration menu where it can be turned on/off and the alpha transparency can be adjusted.
NEW! Favorites Filter/Search – favorites menu has been improved is now faster and includes filters when searching for your favorite archives.
STANDARD PROFESSIONAL TOOLBOX No No Virtual Drive – Mount ISO files as CD/DVDdrives with simple right click options. No No Full standalone CD/DVD/Blu-Ray burner! Features include CD/DVD Burner, Rip Audio CD, Burn Audio CD, Copy Disc, Burn Image (.iso) No No Copy CD/DVD discs to ISO images for safe storage! No No Secure FTP Client – full standalone FTP/SFTP client with logs, queue, smart handling of archives and more. FIPS 140-2 validated SSL. No No Zip to Email – Premium Email plugin for Windows and Office products! No No Advanced settings tab for Advanced Codec Pack (.PA Format). Adjust all of your compression options available for .PA format.. No No Create advanced ISO Image files (both ISO9660 and UDF). No PowerArchiver Cloud – Full support for Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box.Net, Amazon S3 and Azure. Access your Clouds from within PowerArchiver. No Encryption Suite with full AES 256 bit encryption support. FIPS 140-2 validated AES encryption. Encrypt/Decrypt hundreds of files at the same time. No Full OpenPGP functionality: create keys, encrypt files, sign files, verify. Key Management features included. No Enterprise class Backup utility with Volume Shadow Service support, schedules, logs and ability to Burn, FTP and Copy backups up to 3 locations, all at the same time. Many formats and options available. No Full copy of PowerArchiver Command Line (PACL) included. Fully featured command line utility with many features, full format support and FIPS 140-2 validated encryption modules. No Full copy of PowerArchiver for Office Add-in (PAOP) included. Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel Add-Ins. One of the best Microsoft Outlook compression/encryption add-ins on the market. Most advanced ZIP/ZIPX engine, only one fully compatible with WinZip and SecureZIP. Supports fully ZIPX standard (lzma, lzma2, ppmd, wavpack and jpeg) for lowest size archives, unlimited sized ZIP/ZIPX archives, AES 256bit encryption, Unicode languages, Multicore compression Most advanced ZIP/ZIPX engine, only one fully compatible with WinZip and SecureZIP. Supports fully ZIPX standard (lzma, lzma2, ppmd, wavpack and jpeg) for lowest size archives, unlimited sized ZIP/ZIPX archives, AES 256bit encryption, Unicode languages, Multicore compression and much more. Full support for 64-bit Windows and multi-core processors in ZIP, 7-zip and PA formats. Full support for 64-bit Windows and multi-core processors in ZIP, 7-zip and PA formats. Full support for 64-bit Windows and multi-core processors in ZIP, 7-zip and PA formats.
- 1 License $22.95
- 2-9 License $16.00
- 10-24 License $13.00
- 25-49 License $11.00
- 50-99 License $8.50
- 100-199 License $6.50
- 200-499 License $5.00
- 500-999 License $3.50
Section 508 Compliance
Every version of PowerArchiver 2022 is Section 508 Compliant. Please click here to download VPAT PDF.
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003
Every computer which runs one of the above mentioned operating systems at a reasonable speed.
Disk Space Requirements:
150 MB for the program files plus some additional space for backup files (minimal).
Multi-core processor recommended for best speed.
Catalan, Croatian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, German, Estonian, English (USA), English (UK), French, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brasil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic, BiH), Serbian (Latin, Serbia), Spanish (Argentina), Spanish (Spain), Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Korean languages.