Dear PowerArchiver users,
PowerArchiver’s latest update – version 17.01.06, is ready with fixes and improvements. This is a small update that increases optimization of PowerArchiver from the start as well as solves some small reported issues. Several important languages have been updated as well. The update is available on our website, on Patchbeam for fast ring users and will also be available later this week for slow ring users as well.
Release Notes – PowerArchiver – Version 17.01.06
- [PA-1195] – disable preview window by default.
- [PA-1198] – disable web locations in MSI business installer for easier installations by Enterprise users (both install and uninstall).
- [PA-1201] – use optimize fast as default on 32bit systems (strong is now the default), to make it faster and optimize memory usage.
- [PA-1213] – Update French, Danish, Hebrew, Korean and Ukrainian languages.
- [PA-1197] – Registration window update
- [PA-1199] – XML/HTML files no longer previewed in main PA preview window (Type: Internet) – updated preview window with latest code.
More info and discussion on our forums.
Award system for our most dedicated users
With the launch of PowerArchiver 2017, we have a more formal reward system for users that help us in detecting bugs and suggesting improvements. While previously we have given free licenses to our forum users (in 2013 everyone with more than a few posts received a free license, alpha testers always have updated licenses, etc), now there is a more formal system in place which means that everyone who reports bugs will receive a free license or a free Select maintenance plan after a few reports (depending on severity). Check it out on our forums.
PowerArchiver 2017 with Advanced Codec Pack (.PA) is now available from our download page. For more detailed info on specific features, please check other posts in our blog. We hope you will love PA 2017 as much as we do. Thank you for your support since 1998!