Dear PowerArchiver users, Thanks to your feedback, we are releasing PowerArchiver 2017 Beta 2 today. Since the release of PowerArchiver 2017 Beta 1 in late March, we have already published several versions to our fast update ring. Today’s build improves on those versions with some updates to the Advanced Codec Pack (.pa), with faster updating and more reliable deletion of files inside archives as well as numerous other improvements and fixes. Another major change is that our more secure AES implementation is now default and only choice for encryption in PA format.
PowerArchiver 2017 Beta 2 Major Changes:
- [PA-32] – Save setup choices in registry (checkboxes).
- [PA-813] – add RWZ to the compressed extensions in strong/fast modes for faster compression.
- [PA-824] – change reflate/hif codec switches for better compression, cpu utilization.
- [PA-830] – speed up .pa file list loading on over 300,000 files.
- [PA-834] – add .md to the auto preview text list.
- [PA-835] – update zstd2 to zstd3, more reliable multithreading.
- [PA-839] – make secure aes default aes implementation in .pa format – more secure.
- [PA-827] – .pa and 7z optimized mode: write directly to archive (much faster on huge files).
- [PA-872] – better and faster update process for .pa and .7z archives (seamless updates).
- [PA-807] – delete does not work in .pa archives (sometimes).
Award system for our most dedicated usersWith the launch of private beta of PowerArchiver 2017, we have a more formal reward system for users that help us in detecting bugs and suggesting improvements. While previously we have given free licenses to our forum users (in 2013 everyone with more than a few posts received a free license, alpha testers always have updated licenses, etc), now there is a more formal system in place which means that everyone who reports bugs will receive a free license or a free Select maintenance plan after a few reports (depending on severity). Check it out on our forums.
PowerArchiver 2017 with Advanced Codec Pack (.PA) is now available from our download page. For more detailed info on specific features, please check other posts in our blog. We hope you will love PA 2017 as much as we do. Thank you for your support since 1998!