Together with the new Advanced Codec Pack (.pa format) and an innovative new Reflate codec, we are happy to introduce more new interesting features to explorer in PowerArchiver 2017. We also focused on features that were mostly mentioned in our user Wishlist section such as improved startup speed, dual panel explorer mode (explorer replacement), improved speed in zip and 7-zip engines as well as full 64-bit version!
Other new PowerArchiver 17 Features
- Full 64bit version – 64bit version of PowerArchiver that takes advantage of maximum speed and memory usage for our Advanced Codec Pack.
- Explorer Mode – Dual panel explorer mode, aka Windows Explorer Replacement. A useful dual panel Explorer mode with focus on compression.
- Improved ZIP engine – Improved speed of our ZIP engine, fastest engine becoming even faster by 10-15% on average. You can now control the number of threads used for compression.
- Improved 7zip support – Multicore 7zip support in the 64bit version.
- Interface changes – The Classic Toolbar is now the main and only interface. The Modern Toolbar has been removed in order to optimize speed and memory usage. The Classic interface has been extensively improved with the addition of a navbar at the bottom to better navigate all the various features available in PowerArchiver 2017. Startup speed has drastically improved under any condition and it is by up to 2x-3x faster, depending on computer specifications.
- Portable version – Portable version of PowerArchiver 2017 with shell extensions. Will be available by the final release.
- Microsoft Office add-ins – Updated Outlook add-in along with add-ins for Excel and Word with support for Office XP until the latest Office 2016 32/64-bit. Will be available by the final release.
PowerArchiver 2017 with Advanced Codec Pack (.PA) will be first available for our most dedicated users, ones with an active PowerArchiver Select plan and the Advanced Codec Pack will be available as a free add-on. First preview release is already out, please check your emails. Thank you for your support since 1998!